Mystic Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your community forums for all things mystic!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum Guardian Applications: OPEN!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admiral
Forum Sovereign
Forum Sovereign
Admiral

Marks : 500
Home : Tampa, Florida

Forum Guardian Applications: OPEN! Empty
PostSubject: Forum Guardian Applications: OPEN!   Forum Guardian Applications: OPEN! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:19 pm

We are currently looking for
FORUM GUARDIANS

Task description
Forum Guardians are users that help organize and moderate Mystic Eclipse's community forums. They keep members in check with their behavior, post material, and post/topic location. They also help condemn online harassment and bullying that may be happening on the board, or private messages. These users will not have a rank on the map, but instead more control functions than a regular user on the forums.

Directions
Copy and paste the following application starting from "Basic information" and down and complete it with full honesty, good grammar (to where we can read and understand it) and personal message (PM) myself, Eidolon, on the forums with your completed form. We ask of you to not modify or send additional messages after sending your completed original application, and to wait patiently until we personal message you back with the results. After you have your response message, you are free to ask questions or let us know anything you wish to share.

Good luck! -Mystic Eclipse's forum staff

Basic information
This information is needed in order to understand your experience as a person within the Chatlands community. Please be 100% honest with this section of the form; we are very pleased to see responsible answers on an application.

Main account:
Other accounts:
Most visited forum:

Personal information
This information is needed in order to better understand you as a person. Please only share what you wish to, honesty is desired. If you don't feel comfortable answering a question, you are more than free to skip it. All information submitted will be kept confidential, and will not be showed to anyone else other than current staff members.

(If shared, are you comfortable with your team members calling you by your first name?: [ ] Yes [ ] No [ ] In time
Place an 'x' in the [ ]'s.)

Do you attend school or college?

How often do you work, if you have a job in real life?

Are you good with categorizing and organization?

Is your grammar decent or more than so?

Are you able to work with a team?

Dealing with users
As a forum guardian, you will have the ability to move, merge, lock, open and delete threads in most boards. With the average misbehaving registered forum member, please explain to us your course of action in these situations (you may repeat information in each disturbance listed):

A user has posted stolen artwork (displaying and/or intention of profit)...
Your response here.

A user has posted inappropriate language/adult material...
Your response here.

A user has posted irrelevant information in the wrong area of the forum...
Your response here.

A user has publicly posted personal/hurtful information about another person of the Chatlands community...
Your response here.

A user has asked you to provide them personal information about a private board, staff member, and/or regular member in the Chatlands community...
Your response here.

Before submitting your application
A forum guardian is an average user who does not have a rank on the map. They wish to use their organization skills and love of forum moderation to benefit the community forums of Mystic Eclipse. Their job is to protect others from online harassment/bullying, make sure material is in the appropriate locations, and make sure the forum looks organized and professional. Banning a member from the forum should always be a last resort, until there is no other option. Locking a topic should only be done so if absolutely needed or requested by the author. If accepted, you agree that you will handle the job responsibly and use your new functions for beneficial uses only. You will go to higher ranks and other members of the team when you're unsure of a decision, need help, or have a question about anything. You will be completely honest as a person, and be a good role model for the site, it's staff, and yourself. If a break is needed, you will inform another forum staff member before leaving.

[ ] I have read everything above and I agree with what's been stated.
[ ] I was honest about my age.
[ ] I understand that I will not have a rank on the chat.
[ ] I understand that this application will go under reviews from different members of the staff, and I will be patient to hear back from one of them.

You are now done with your application!
Please personal message (PM) your completed application to me (Eidolon) so I and the staff may review your submission. Thank you and good luck!
Back to top Go down

Forum Guardian Applications: OPEN!
Page 1 of 1